Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Weather – never underestimate it



There's a storm a-comin'!



We both knew that Singapore would be hot and with guaranteed rain. My boss said to me when he moved out here that you must always expect it to rain, you just don’t know when or how much. Our UK habit of carrying sunnies and umbrellas at the same time comes in handy. The last couple of weeks have been around 2pm, daily, with gross thunder and an unhealthy discharge of rain from the ever-giving heavens. What’s become a laugh between Lady and I is that it’s not just thunder, it’s escalating, cataclysmic thunder.

When the thunder started a couple weeks ago, I mean started in earnest, it was loud. Every day Lady would tell me, rolling her eyes, saying “Wow, that’s the loudest clap of thunder I’ve ever heard”, even louder than yesterday! But that was the loudest rumble until the next day, and then the next day. The walls and desk around me have actually shaken. Physically shaken.
Bad weather +30 minutes - Good weather!
It could also have something to do with the flimsy interior renovation conducted at the soul-destroying offices that I’m working at for the current month, but I’d like to think that the Norsk god, Thor, retired out here because of the quality of the seafood and the warmer climate. He’s just keeping active incase he’s ever needed. You know, topping up his pension. As every Singaporean has told me,
“Singapore’s a great country to live in, but a bad place to retire in. So ‘spensive, lah!”.


Shovel

No comments:

Post a Comment